Administrators new to Domino who are responsible for:
- Initial install and setup of a basic Domino/Notes 6 infrastructure.
- Set up of Domino Mail servers in the corporate intranet and extranet (i.e.Internet) environment.
Students will install and configure a basic infrastructure with a single domain using an existing deployment plan. Students will also set up mail routing in the single-domain environment.
Duration 2 days
Completion of the following IBM Lotus Domino 6 courses or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Administering IBM Lotus Domino 6: Operating Fundamentals.
Plan a basic Domino infrastructure
Install the Domino server software
- Set up the first Domino server
- Create a database to track Domino/Notes licenses
- Create a additional certifiers for servers and users per an established naming scheme
- Create server IDs per an established naming scheme
Set up servers in the Domino domain ,including:
- Create user groups
- Create Organizational policy
- Create internal Domino user IDs per an established naming scheme
Install the Notes workstation software ,including:
- Add workstations to a Domino Domain
Specify administration preferences ,including:
- Allow/restrict server access
- Allow administrators access to the Domino Directory
- Create a group for server replication
Set up the replication schedule to synchronize Domino system databases in the domainConfigure inteanet Domino mail routing , including
- Create DNNs
- Establish a mail routing schedule
Configure internet mail routing ,including:
- Enable SMTP routing
- Configure basic and advanced settings for SMTP routing
- Restrict mail flow to and from the Internet
Enable message controls, including:
- Delivery controls
- Transfer controls
- Mail rules
- Archiving policy
Monitor messaging infrastructure, including:
- Enable message tracking
- Monitor mail statistics
- Troubleshoot common mail setup problems Plan a basics Domino infrastructure
The shared content cannot be found.